Grief & Bereavement
The Center for Hope’s spiritual counselors and social workers are trained to listen respectfully and support the journey of both patients and family members no matter what their faith, denomination or beliefs.
Bereavement support groups are regularly available in our Scotch Plains location. To inquire about or to attend, please call our Bereavement Department at 908.889.7780, email [email protected], or fill out the form below.
Our counselors help patients and families cope with the many aspects of the end of life, either directly or by coordinating services with community spiritual advisors.
Guidance in some, many, or all of the following areas has been beneficial for others:
- Exploring spiritual concerns
- Discussing your beliefs
- Negotiating feelings of anger and fear
- Providing a safe space to express feelings
- Encouraging self-reflection
- Exploring issues of worth and dignity
- Mediating religious differences within the family
- Assisting with funeral or memorial services
- Leading prayer and meditation
- Helping to process grief and loss
- Helping to work through feelings of remorse
- Consulting on ethical dilemmas
- Reconciling feelings of guilt and regret
- Maintaining contact with faith communities
To learn more about the Center for Hope and our spiritual and bereavement services, please contact the Center at 908.889.7780.